Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Souvenir Stash: Asheville

Of course, I just couldn't help myself in the face of souvenirs (or fabric).


As promised, here's my stash from Asheville, NC!  Most of the souvenirs are from various gift shops along the Blue Ridge Parkway where we went hiking.  The motorcycle postcard is my favorite!   The postcard with the baby/pig on it is an advertisement for the product that made the owner of the Grove Park Inn rich.  The print is from the awesome Woolworth Walk.  The pouch made of measuring tape and the "Yay! Asheville!" magnet are from Malaprop's Bookstore.

I also got to visit two awesome fabric stores while in Asheville.  I love, love, love being able to see "designer" fabric in person!


The first store I visited was Kitsch Fabrics on Haywood Road.  They had a great selection of unusual fabrics, some of which you can see above.  (I can't remember the designers off the top of my head-other than the Jay McCarroll mushrooms.  Email me if you're really curious and I'll check out the selvedges.)


The other store I visited was Waechter's Silk Shop.  By visit, I mean run down the road to 14 minutes before they close and make a giant stack of bolts. :)  

Those red wagons remind me so much of PeeWee Herman!


I was so excited that they had the "Prom" print from Michael Miller!  The Tammis Keefe tribute fabrics from Michael Miller are so adorable.  I can't wait to find the perfect project for all this new fabric!

(Did I miss any amazing fabric stores in Asheville?  Let me know so I can visit next time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment