Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Souvenir Stash: Myrtle Beach

I've got a real weakness for souvenirs.  (Maybe this can be attributed to listening to Willie Nelson's "On the Road Again" as a child, i.e. "goin' places that I've never been, seein' things that I may never see again.")  Something about the experience of "vacation" makes the objects that much more precious.  They are made to help you remember a time that was extra special, maybe spent with people you don't get to see often.

Since finding souvenirs is something I really enjoy (and do frequently), I am going to start featuring my stash here after my trips!

I want to start by sharing the first souvenirs I remember buying.


These two mini-aquarium/snow globes were for sale in a little house that was a gift store.  They are still marked on the bottom as being $1.39 each, so I must have really wanted them as a seven year old to end up with both!  They've lost the glitter they once contained due to being filled over and over again, but I still love them just as much as I did when I was seven!


This stash is from our recent trip to Myrtle Beach.  Here's the (overly informative) breakdown:
* The pinecone owl and alligator puppet are from Alligator Adventure.
* The flamingo snow globe, waterproof containers, some of the postcards, and the two dolphin magnets that make it seem like dolphins are unfamiliar with water are from Bargain Beachwear.
* The wiggly crab magnet is from the mini golf course where I achieved second place after three holes-in-one. 
* The owl earrings are from a shop in Barefoot Landing.
* The heart lock, blue dolphin magnet, vintage postcards, and license plate are from the Gay Dolphin.  


I was so excited about these waterproof containers since I thought they'd be perfect for iPhone . . . so I bought three.  When I showed them to my husband and tried to demonstrate, it became clear they are not at all perfect for iPhone. 


My parents used to spend a lot of time in Myrtle Beach before I was born, so I bought them a copy of this vintage postcard.  It's before their time, but probably more like what the area looked like when they visited when they were first married.

I'm so excited to share more stashes in the future, including some of my extra special treasures from past trips! :)

What's your favorite souvenir?

No comments:

Post a Comment