Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Try it Tuesday: Embroidery Hoop Wall Pocket


I love this tutorial!  I've been buying Stitch Magazine for a while, but this is the first project that I saw and immediately had to make.

My sewing desk is often a mess, so anything that can get important items out of the chaos is awesome!


The tutorial is several pages long, but here's the gist of it.  Find a large embroidery hoop.  (I bought mine at A.C. Moore for $1.69.)  Choose your fabrics.  Fold one over and press to make the pocket area.  Pin and sew at intervals to create the pockets.  Cut a piece of regular old batting (the tutorial called for fusible fleece-and I say "no thanks") and place it behind fabric on top of the inner hoop.  Secure fabric and batting inside of hoop.  Cut extra batting as close to the hoop as you can.  Glue along the top edge of the hoop to secure everything.  Cut off any additional fabric.

I've got so many ideas for future wall pockets! :)

4 comments:

  1. What a GREAT idea! I loved it so much I featured it on my blog today with a direct link back to here AND the site you got it from (your picture was MUCH better and I LOVED your fabric!) http://whittskitsfabricscrafts.blogspot.com/2013/05/find-it-free-friday-what-to-do-with.html
    Thanks!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a brilliant idea! I love it! sharing on FB page and Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete