Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Try it Tuesday: Little Pink House Tutorial

Today I tried something a little different: this felt applique project by Melissa from CheckoutGirl.  We were away this past weekend and I wanted something I could make while sitting on the couch watching (what ended up being bad) movies.


If you check out the tutorial, you can see that I just went off on my own after the basic idea.  I decided to  try and replicate my house in felt.  Our house is more of a tan/very light grey with a brownish gray roof, but those colors do not exist in my felt collection.  To be totally honest, I also skipped a window.  Oh well!


I have done a lot of embroidery, but I had never appliqued anything onto a hoop.  I love the effect!


I almost didn't paint the hoop, but I'm so glad that I did. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment